Both screen printing and sublimation are two practical textile printing and stamping processes because they have a very high resistance to washing and a considerable quality. Both processes have advantages and disadvantages. Depending on the one chosen it will be
What are the advantages and disadvantages of screen printing and sublimation and which one is best for you?
Screen printing is an analog technology that has proven over the years to be reliable and durable. Although certain processes have been automate, it is still a mainly artisanal artisanal system. It is currently the most popular stamping system. The screen printing process begins with the selection of the design to be print, later it is print on a photolith and then it is transfer to a mesh of fabric stretch over a frame or frame call a screen.
The advantages of screen printing are as follows:
- It allows printing on all types of garments: T-shirts, polo shirts, caps, sweatshirts, bags, polar.
- There is an alternative to digital screen printing.
- Allows you to print only the design area.
- Allows you to print on any color of fabric.
- Maximum durability and resistance to washing.
- An ideal technique for large orders.
As a disadvantage, it can be mention that it entails additional costs in the preparation of the screen, it is necessary to have sufficient experience in the art, it can have an excessively thick finish, each color needs a different screen and is not suitable for photographic quality images.
In the case of the sublimation method, an inkjet printer is used to print a pattern on a special sheet of paper. This paper is then placed on the material to be decorated and heat with an iron. The temperature causes the print on the sheet to gasify and transfer to the fabric.
The main advantages of sublimation are as follows:
- It is a simple technique and does not need a lot of experience to perform.
- Since 4 colors (CMYK) are used, an unlimited number of colors can be applied.
- The impression is integrate into the support and is part of it. Unlike the transfer paper technique, the print design is invisible to the touch, cannot be scratched and does not fade.
- Allows you to stamp images with photographic quality.
- The method is so fast that the products can be produce the same day.
As disadvantages of sublimation, it should be consider that the fabrics must be 100% polyester or with at least 2/3 polyester in their composition, otherwise sublimation does not work; The fabrics must be white because the sublimate inks are transparent and the background color mixes or contaminates the final tones of the print (It is possible to sublimate on color or black fabric, but it requires a special process).
Sublimation printer in Pakistan can be use for sublimation you can contact us.
Deciding on screen printing or sublimation depends entirely on the needs and approach of each person for their project, in the end the most important thing is to be clear about the objectives and have the appropriate materials for each situation.
At Mark T-shirts we have the best selection of shirts for screen printing and sublimate.
Our cotton and polyester T-shirts are indicate to solve any printing need. We provide only the best quality and the best materials for the care of garments and the comfort of people. Always find the most relevant information on our blog . Explore our online store and find with us the best garments made 100% with Mexican hands, from fabric care to the comfort of your skin