Non Network licenses are business certifications that allow you to import or conduct business with non-networked telecommunication devices.
These licenses are different from their networked counterpart in the sense that they are mostly related to specific types of services in India.
In this article, we are going to cover:
- The products that come under Non Network License
- The procedure and documents required to obtain the non network license
- The reason non network licenses are so significant in India.
What are the products/services covered under Non Network License?
The products and services that one can only provide with Non network license are as follows: Read More: P2P License
- Dealer Possession License: Certain nuanced telecommunication products can only be in possession of a dealer if the dealer has the approval of Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing. That approval is known as the Dealer Possession License.
- Non-dealer possession license: In addition to dealers, non-dealers to require certification. Non dealer possession license is for broadcasters and service providers that own large scale telecommunication products.
- Demonstration licenses: If you want to import a product for the purpose of demonstration, you need a non network license known as the demonstration license.
- Maritime Mobile Station: Telecom service providers establish maritime mobile stations to provide wireless data and voice transmission services on sea. They can only do so if they have the approval from the Wireless Planning and Coordination wing.
- Operator’s license: Global Maritime Distress and Safety System, Radio telephony and amateur telecom operations require Operator’s license.
What is the procedure to obtain Non Network license in India?
The process to obtain non network license in India entails the following:
- Furnish the required documents
- Afterwords, submit the documents and the application to WPC
- Along with the above attachments, submit the Wireless product for testing
- Furthermore, Provide a description of business
- Once you’ve submitted the application, wait as the WPC conducts assessment of the application
- If the application is approved, you’ll obtain the non network license you seek.
What are the documents required for Non Network License in India?
To acquire the Non network license in India, documents required are as follows:
- Certificate of incorporation,
- Memorandum of Association,
- Articles of Association,
- Business description,
- Sample of the product you seek to import,
- Equity certificate of the company,
- List of directors and shareholders of the company, and
- Document related to the type of non network license you seek.
What is the importance of non network license in India?
Without non network license, there would be no way to check the efficacy of telecom products that one is importing or demonstrating in India. Read More: Prepaid Wallet License
Further, it’s the non network certificate that makes it possible for the maritime wireless connectivity to have the right regulatory quality.
Non network licenses are one of the most ubiquitous telecom licenses in India. They are responsible for the import of non network wireless products and the existence of specific operations.
Those operations are related to global distress and safety, radio telephony etc. To know more about this license, you can consult with our telecom experts. Read More: Insurance Broker License
What are non network licenses and why you must care about them? In this article, we are specifying the process, the products, the services and the need of non network certificate in India.