A National Long Distance Operator is a service provider that provides the subscribers with long distance data, voice and other transmission services within the national border. Telecommunication sector is on the rise in the country and thus, becoming an NLD operator has become an interesting prospect for many.
But what are the steps one must take to provide telecommunication services over National Long Distance? What is the eligibility to provide a national long distance service? What documents do you need to become a National Long Distance Provider? These questions need precise answers that this blog delivers them to you, precisely.
What is National Long Distance license?
National Long Distance License is the business registration that a telecom service provider who wishes to provide long distance data, voice and other transmission services has to obtain on a mandatory basis. The NLD License is issued by the Department of Telecommunication after thorough analysis of the applicant’s financial, technical and regulatory acumen. Read More Useful Content: Insurance Marketing Firm
What is the eligibility criteria to obtain the NLD License
To become a National Long Distance Operator, you need to adhere to one specific eligibility criteria:
You need to register a company.
The Department of Telecommunication doesn’t issues the business licenses on an individual-basis, especially not those as nuanced as an NLD license. Therefore, before you starting applying for the license, you need to start applying for company incorporation in India.
What are the certain facts that you must know before applying for the NLD License?
Starting a National Long Distance Service is an interesting and lucrative prospect. However, don’t just jump in to it without knowing all the facts.
- You can only get a single NLD license per company. If you want to establish multiple companies that provide national long distance services, you will need as many NLD licenses.
- An NLD license has a finite validity of 20 years. Once over, this validity period can only be renewed for 10 years.
- In addition to the entry fee at the time of NLD licensing, you also need to deposit an annual license fee on an annual basis to keep providing you National Long Distance service. Other Useful Content: RNI Registration
What is the procedure to obtain the NLD license?
The procedure to obtain National Long Distance License is akin to the process of acquiring any kind of telecommunication license:
- Furnish the required documents
- File the online application
- If its accepted, you’ll obtain the Letter of intent
- Deposit the entry fee and other bank guarantee requirements (that are not reduced to 1/5th of the original requirements)
- Get the NLD license.
Documents you need to obtain the National Long Distance License
If the process seems simple enough, it’s only because it assumes that you have the right documents from the very start. They are as follows:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association
- Business plan
- Finding arrangement
- DD of application processing fee
- List of directors of the company
- Equity details of the company
- If a foreign partner is involved, a certified copy of agreement that you’ve signed with him
- Board resolution that authorizes the expert to file the application
A National Long Distance Operator is a telecom service provider facilitating his or her services over long distances within the nation. It requires certification known as the National Long Distance License to operate. Related Content: Start a news Agency In India
The authority issuing this certificate, DOT can only do so if you adhere to the eligibility criteria, follow the procedure and provide the right documents. Through this blog, you now know everything that you require. For further details or assistance, consult with Registrationwala.
How to become a national long distance operator in India? Read the procedure to become a TSP who provides telecom services over national long distance.