Getting frustrated because a lot of accounting work needs to be done urgently, but you’re unable to use QuickBooks Desktop as you’ve lost or forgotten its password? If yes, there is no need for you to worry, as with this post, we will not only help you determine the type of password you need to reset but also the ways to reset QuickBooks password.
For instant professional assistance to reset your QuickBooks or company file password for Windows, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our QuickBooks support team at 1-855-856-0042.
Recommended to Read — QuickBooks has stopped working
How to determine the type of password you need to reset?
You’re required to change the QuickBooks admin password if:
- When QuickBooks doesn’t need you to enter a user name. QuickBooks will only ask you to enter the password when you try to sign in.
- When by default, the user name of your QuickBooks Desktop is “Admin” or you have another user with the admin role.
In case you find out that you are not an admin user, then your QuickBooks password can be reset by the admin only.
What are the ways to reset QuickBooks password for Windows?
Resetting a QuickBooks company file password is a tedious task, therefore our experts in this article have added steps carefully below:
You may also read — QuickBooks Error 6175
Steps to reset the QuickBooks admin password:
If you’ve tried to reset the QuickBooks admin password, you would know that QuickBooks asks to confirm some information as a security step. In case you are unable to recall the information at the moment, the followings are the steps to find it:
- On the Company Log-in window, select the I forgot my password option.
- From the drop-down list, select an Email address and then click on the Next button.
Note: If your Email address is not available in the drop-down list, select the select Don’t see your email in the list above? option and follow the steps mentioned on your computer screen.
- Check your emails if you get a token from QuickBooks to reset your password.
Note: Emails for QuickBooks can appear in your spam folders. In case you don’t see your code in your inbox, check your spam and junk folders.
- Enter the token you’ve received in your email.
- Steps to reset the QuickBooks user password:
- Sign in to QuickBooks Desktop as the admin user.
- Go to the Company menu and select the Setup Users and Passwords option.
- Click on the Set Up Users option.
- When prompted, type in the QuickBooks password again.
- From the User List, select the user who needs a new password.
- Select the Edit User option.
- Type in a new password.
- Select the Next button twice and then click on the Finish button.
We hope that after going through the steps mentioned in the above post, you are able to reset QuickBooks password for Windows. In case you are yet unable to set a new QuickBooks password, we suggest you contact our QuickBooks professionals at 1-855-856-0042 for assistance resetting it.