“Suhana Safar Aur Yeh Mausam Haseen!” A motorcyclist can relate to pure joy after a long ride. On the other hand, long-distance bike shipping is a responsibility rather than a pleasure. Hence, it should be taken seriously. So, instead of taking risks while riding your bike on unfamiliar roads, consider getting it shipped with auto transporters. That said, you have come to the right place if you do not entirely understand the terminology. We have covered several aspects of professional bike transportation services in India that will help you ship your beloved bike in the safest way possible. But before we jump into that, let’s check out:
Risks associated with DIY bike relocation –
Many youngsters prefer self-relocating their bikes to long-distance as they see it as fun, adventure, and a way to save money. If you are among them, consider dropping this terrible idea because it’s like playing with fire. A long-distance move can take a toll on your vehicle and your health. Plus, you may invite trouble in the form of DIY bike shipping as it causes accidents and damage.
Indian roads are considered the deadliest in the world. Six two-wheeler riders die every hour. According to Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and Highways, “In 2020, 58,964 two-wheeler road accidents were recorded in the country, which caused 56,873 deaths.” According to NCRB’s data, “37% of road accident deaths involved a two-wheeler.”
4 Side effects of self-bike shifting on your health:
- Breakdown – Mechanical and electronic failure are common causes of vehicle breakdown. Moreover, the total maintenance cost of a bike goes up if you add more distance and time to it.
- Take a toll on your health – Riding a two-wheeler for a couple of hours can cause fatigue and affect your physical and mental stamina. Therefore, consider taking a break during every 150–200 km run.
- Risk exposure due to external elements – bike riders are more exposed to exterior weather elements like rain, heatstroke, wind strength, etc. Such factors impact a bicycle’s volume and increase the risk of exposure.
- Risks of vehicle damage, injuries, and death – Calamities can happen to the best of us. It can harm both your vehicle and you. Also, riding a bike in an unfamiliar environment could be life-threatening.
5 Advantages of bike transportation services:
- Keep stress at bay – Professional auto transporters bottle up stress with their excellent door-to-door pick-up and delivery services.
- Forefend risks – Reliable transportation companies offer full-service shifting assistance with their end-to-end shipping solutions without involving any third party to keep troubles at bay.
- No chance of damage – Prestigious auto-shifting companies have a skilled workforce to perform the task. Plus, they use high-end tools, equipment, and vehicle containers for bike relocation, ensuring risks take a back seat.
- 100% protection with a financial safety net – You may expect assurance of coverage against loss or damage by welcoming a reliable vehicle shipping company on board. Legitimate auto movers offer hassle-free settlements to their clients in case of wear and tear with their comprehensive and flexible transit insurance coverage.
- Adhering to a strict time frame for delivery – You may rest assured that your two-wheelers will arrive at the designated destination within the time frame by having professional movers by your side. Top bike transport services create peace of mind among their customers with value-added services such as a real-time GPS tracking facility, friendly on-demand customer support, etc.
5 Mistakes you must avoid when entrusting an auto mover with your bike:
Mistake #1 – Hiring an unprofessional auto relocation company without checking their legitimate records, credibility, market experience, and web persona. Be sure the auto shipping company is a prominent player in the market with a proven track record and has all the legitimate records and papers to demonstrate its credibility.
Mistake #2 – Skimping on moving rates is another mistake many individuals make to save some money. It can put your move in great danger. You must choose a diligent service provider that offers services that suit your needs and budget and has a reputation to back it up.
Mistake #3 – Many have gotten the wrong idea that saying no to vehicle moving insurance coverage saves them money. First of all, no reliable company transports your motorcycle if it’s uninsured. Transit insurance is a must as it protects your bike against several transit risks, such as theft and damage due to natural calamities and human-made errors, providing you with a financial safety net.
Mistake #4 – Many owners don’t inspect their two-wheelers for damage before and after shipping, which is another misstep. Consider washing your bike to see if there are any scratches. Consider clicking and sharing photographs with auto transporters so you can easily claim insurance coverage for any scratches or damage.
Mistake #5 – Underestimating written undertakings is another foolishness that many make. Remember! In business, words speak louder than verbal promises. Hence, you must carefully check the auto vehicle moving company’s terms and conditions and pay attention to the fine print.
Factors affecting bike transportation services costs:
Major cost-influencing factors are distance to be covered in transit, bike model, manpower involved in the process, type of vehicle container (open or enclosed), packing material, season and time of shipping, delivery time-frame, transit insurance, etc. You may save money by asking for quotes from several auto transporters. Plus, you may also hire a company that offers door-to-door bike shipping services by train over the road. Indian Railways is a dependable, fast, environmentally friendly, and cost-effective mode of transportation.
We hope you found the information insightful. No money is more precious than life. There are not one or two but several pitfalls to self-bike shifting. Therefore, you must opt for professional bike relocation services to eliminate the risks and experience smooth and damage-free two-wheeler shipping.