What is the first thing that impresses you when you enter into any premise? Though there can be different answers yet cleanliness of the premise is clearly one of the main options that will be an obvious answer for many. Clean walls also attract the attention of the onlookers. Especially when we enter in private areas like homes of people, cleanliness is undoubtedly one of the main aspects that impress us. Here we discuss tips and techniques about how to clean wall-stains?
Stains on the walls of premises is a common sight. But careful preservation and regular cleaning of the walls can ensure that stains do not become permanent. The common stains that you will observe on the walls are fingerprints, oil/grease marks, crayon stains if children are around in a premise, etc. Moreover, even time leaves its impression. Dust, grime, and mold stains also occur on the wales with time.
Of course, one of the solutions is to paint the walls. But it is not a feasible affair always. Moreover, an expensive one too. But there are a couple of economic ways that can ensure the cleanliness of the walls right at home. You just need the support of a few homes or inexpensive ingredients for the needful and Ta-Da you are done.
A few maintenance tips:
- If you do vacuum cleaning regularly, then use the soft brush attachment to clean your walls. It helps to remove dust and cobwebs from the walls.
- Always remember never to scrub the wall harshly as this can remove the original paint and cause damage to the surface.
- If you have kids on your premises, it is natural that they may colour the wall. You need to act quickly. Use a damp sponge to wipe the stain.
You should be aware of the paint used on the walls of your premises. Glossier paint is easier to maintain. You can simply wipe with a damp sponge to remove the stain. Semi-gloss paints have a lesser sheen but are cleanable with a damp sponge.
But surfaces having flat paints are less cleanable when it comes to using a damp sponge.
How to clean Wall Stains?
Cleaning crayon/colour marks
Try to clean such stains with a damp sponge first. But most likely, these are not very easy to treat with a simple damp sponge. It will require more help. You can try to rub alcohol on a small area to check the results. If you think that it does not cause any damage to the original paint, then continue to clean the impacted area.
It is simple to remove such marks from the walls if the paint is glossy. A simple wipe with a damp sponge is enough to treat such stains.
Cleaning wine stains
Often you may find wine stains on your wall after hosting a party. The pigment present in red wine is strong and can cause staining on the surface of the wall. The damp sponge tip is not helpful in this case. You can use Hydrogen Peroxide to remove a stubborn stain like this. Tale a small amount and dab it on the affected area without much pressure.
Another solution can be prepared; mix the bleach in water in the ratio of 1:4. This is also an effective way to remove wine stains from the surface of the walls.
Now let’s see the simple hacks to clean the wall stains
- Soap and water is a great combination when it comes to cleaning the stains on the walls. You will need
- Warm water
- Dishwashing liquid
Make the solution of warm water and dishwashing liquid. Then dip the sponge in the solution and squeeze it to remove excess water from the sponge. Directly hit the wall with the sponge and lightly scrub it.
- Use a cleaning eraser available in grocery stores. It can be used directly on the impacted surface.
- Now comes the versatile Baking Soda. You may be having this ingredient on your kitchen shelf. Head to take it out from the shelf because it is useful for cleaning surfaces also. Make a thick paste with baking soda and water. Now apply it to the affected area with a nylon rug. Then clean it with a clean cloth and allow it to dry to spot the difference.
- You cannot overlook the goodness of White Vinegar. It is a powerful ingredient to treat oil and grease stains. Take a spray bottle and fill it with equal parts of vinegar and water. Now spray the contents on the affected area and wipe with a sponge.
- Ammonia is another effective way to remove stains from the walls. For this hack also, you can use a spray bottle. 2 cups of ammonia in 1 litre of water spray it directly on the stains and clean with a nylon rag or sponge.
Apart from the above-mentioned methods, here are a few tips that will help you to maintain the cleanliness of the walls:
- Dust your walls regularly so that you can avoid the build-up of dirt and cobwebs.
- To enforce any of the mentioned tracks, do a spot test first.
It is an urgent call when removing stains is required. The reason is simple. The faster you act, the quicker is the removal process. The later you act, the challenge gets tougher. So, try to take immediate action and clean the wall with any of the above applicable solutions. How to clean wall-stains; may seem like a laborious task but if you take quick action, it is not a difficult task.